Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Asahi Strong Off

“Strong Off” most likely stands for high alcohol content (strong) and low carbohydrate content (off). In other words, 7 percent alcohol is mated with 60 percent-reduced carbohydrate content. Generally I don’t drink low-carb, low-calorie or non-alcoholic beers, but I decided to make an exception with this one, because it is not a low-carb sidekick of a regular beer, but a product of its own. First off, it is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. It is only comparable to low-end Korean imports. Taste-wise, it reminds me of that distinct odor that comes from drilling teeth. Need I say more? For ranking, check out my Light New Genre post.


Name: Asahi Strong Off
Launch: Mar. 24, 2010
Ingredients: Happōshu (malt, hops, sugars, dietary fiber, yeast extract), spirits (barley)
Alcohol content: 7%
Tax category: New genre (liquor)
Company: Asahi Breweries

No comments:

Post a Comment