Saturday, July 19, 2014

Light New Genre

Hesitated for a long time, but finally decided to test some light (low carb / low cal) beers. There are 12 different light beers on the Japanese market from the four major beer makers. Six of them are happoshu, another six are new genre. This time, Józsi and I tested the new genre kind. The testing was difficult because these beers are ranging between little to no taste at all. Here is the result in a descending order (watery, waterier, wateriest, rainwater, tap water, pure water). Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), our results were identical.

 

1. Kirin Koiaji Tōshitsu 0.
2-5. Four Asahi products (Alphabetical order: Aqua Zero, Blue Label, Off, Strong Off). They are equally tasteless. Actually Strong Off has some alcohol-like taste, but I'd say it just makes it even worse.
6. Suntory Kinmugi Tōshitsu 70% Off. I love regular Kinmugi, but this light version is by far the wateriest beer I have ever tasted.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Nice blog you have. I added it to the Japan Beer Blogs section of my blog:
    Beering in Mind (http://beeringinmind.blogspot.jp/)

    Yours,

    Nevitt Reagan

    ReplyDelete